Our Research School
Durrington Research School is an exciting development and the natural next step for our school. We have been at the forefront of making evidence-based practice the norm in schools. As a Research School our core purpose is to:
- share and disseminate the very best of evidence-based practice to schools and teachers across the south of England
- provide evidence-based training around a range of themes, including subject specific sessions.
- host conferences and events
- support schools, Initial Teacher Training and Teaching Schools in the region
- develop innovations that help improve practice in the classroom, so that all of our students get a great education.
- provide training and facilitate collaboration for ‘Research Leads’ in schools.
We are very proud to take a role in supporting a school-led system as part of a dynamic network across the region and the country. Working closely with the Institute for Effective Education and the Education Endowment Foundation, alongside a range of higher education institutions and many forward-thinking schools and teachers across the United Kingdom, we will support the aim of developing an evidence-based profession that sees teachers empowered by accessible tools based on research evidence