Happy New Year from the Durrington Research School
20 December 2017
On behalf of all of us at the Durrington Research School, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support and engagement, during our first team as a research school. We really do appreciate it. There is clearly an appetite for a more evidence-informed approach for what we do in schools and we hope that we are helping you to develop this. You can read our reflections after one term of being a research school here.
A few events for the spring term term:
- Our new 3 day training programme ‘Improving maths in KS3’ starts on 21st February. This will help schools implement the key recommendations from the recent EEF guidance report on this topic. Details and booking information are here.
- Early in the new year we will be announcing details of our ‘Improving maths in KS2’ training programme. Watch this space!
- On the 25th January, from 4pm-5pm, we will be hosting a free twilight – ‘Cultivating teacher-student relationships which support students academically and socially’. This will be led by the authors of the forthcoming book ‘Thrive in your first three years of teaching’, Martha Boyne, Emily Clements and Ben Wright. Details and booking information are here.
- On the 20th February we will be hosting the first of three free twilight sessions for the ‘School Research Leads Development Programme’. This is aimed at colleagues who are either new to, or interested in the role of a Research Lead in school. Details and booking information are here.
- Finally, we have a stellar cast of speakers lined up for our ‘ResearchEd’ conference on Saturday 28th April. Tickets are available here, so please do share with your staff, before they sell out!
- The January edition of our newsletter will be published on 22nd January. Sign up to receive it here.
Have a restful break and we look forward to working with you in 2018.
Shaun, Chris, Fran, Andy & Lisa
Posted on 20 December 2017
Posted in: Blog