NQT support and development programme 2018-19
16:00–17:30 on 31 January 2019
As the momentum towards a more evidence informed approach to teaching grows, it is imperative that NQTs ‘hit the ground running’ with teaching strategies that have been proven to support learning during their NQT year.
To support schools with this, we are offering a one year support and development programme for NQTs, that will build on what they have learnt in their ITT year.
The programme will focus on evidence informed strategies for topics such as:
- Metacognition and self regulation
- Improving memory
- Pedagogical principles such as questioning, modelling and feedback
Sessions will be led by members of the Durrington Research School team. The sessions will look at what the research evidence says and how to mobilise it in the classroom.
What will the programme look like?
- Conference for NQTs and mentors – 13th September 2018, 4pm-7.30pm. This will feature workshops for NQTs and mentors.
- Three twilights throughout the year for NQTs, covering a range of evidence informed approaches to teaching, 4pm-5.30pm.
Dates: 8th November, 31st January, 7th May
- A summer term celebration of success conference for NQTs.
Date: 4th July
Venue: The Durrington Research School, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1JX
Cost: £50 per NQT for the whole programme
FREE for NQT mentors
FREE for DMAT schools & South Downs SCITT NQTs
Led by: Members of the Durrington Research School team
Click here for online booking
For further details please contact Lisa Edwards on email@example.comPosted on 27 June 2018
Posted in: Events, Training/CPD