Training programme feedback and plans for 2018-19
13 June 2018
Author: Shaun Allison
We are currently in the process of planning our training programmes for 2018-19. Each training programme will last for 3 days, spaced over the course of a year. We will be offering the following programmes:
- Improving memory – following the success of this programme this year, we will be offering it again next year. It will cover some key findings from cognitive science about improving memory and how they can be incorporated into our day to day teaching.
- Evidence informed teaching – again, this programme has been really successful this year, so will be offered again next year. It examines what the evidence says about effective teaching, and then explores this as six pedagogical principles (as described in the award winning book ‘Making every lesson count’ by Shaun Allison & Andy Tharby).
- Understanding Metacognition – NEW for 2018/19 – this programme will explore the EEF guidance report on metacognition and how the ideas from it can be mobilised in the classroom.
- Improving Literacy – NEW for 2018/19 – this programme will look at the research evidence around closing the vocabulary gap of our students.
- Behaviour & Attendance – NEW for 2018/19 – this programme will explore the research evidence behind improving attendance and behaviour, and how this can be effectively implemented across a school.
- Improving maths at KS2/3 – building on the success of this programme this year, this programme will look at the recommendations from the EEF guidance report and examine how this can be used to improve maths teaching.
- Leading Learning – NEW for 2018/19 – this programme is aimed at leaders (or aspiring leaders) who are responsible for leading teaching and learning/CPD across a school/trust.
- Pupil Premium – NEW for 2018/19 – this programme will explore the most effective strategies to employ for Pupil Premium students, based on the available evidence.
Further details and booking information for all of these programmes will be published on our events section soon. In order to avoid disappointment, f you would like to be notified of when bookings are open for any of these programmes, please email Lisa Edwards – firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on 13 June 2018
Posted in: Blog, Uncategorized