What’s on next half term?
20 October 2017
As we all look forward to a well deserved half-term break, we wanted to thank you all for your support and engagement across the network. It’s been a great first half term here at the Durrington Research School and there is clearly an appetite for schools to work together to develop a more evidence-informed approach to teaching. Here is a quick summary of ‘what’s on’ next half term:
- Monday 6th November – our second newsletter will be sent out. This will include a new ‘Ask the Expert’ feature, where we question influential people in the world of education about their thinking on evidence-informed practice. If you haven’t signed up for our newsletter, you can do so here.
- Wednesday 8th November – Day 1 one of our ‘Using the EEF toolkit to address disadvantage in coastal areas’ training programme (10am-3pm). Further details and booking available here.
- Thursday 16th November – ‘Getting started with the EEF toolkit and other sources of evidence’ free twilight session (4pm-5pm). Further details and booking information here.
- Thursday 30th November – Shaun Allison from the Durrington Research School will be talking at the SSAT National Conference (Manchester) about ‘Growing a culture of evidence informed teaching’. Details here.
- Monday 4th December – Day 1 of our ‘Improving memory for success in terminal GCSE courses’ training programme (10am-3pm). Further details and booking information here.
- Monday 4th December – Local schools Network Meeting – held at Durrington Research Centre (4pm-5pm).
- Tuesday 12th December – Day 1 of our ‘Evidence informed principles that will improve teaching’ training programme (10am-3pm). Further details and booking information here.
As well as all of this, don’t forget to buy your tickets for ‘Research Ed Durrington’ in April 2018 here and continue to use the firstname.lastname@example.org email service, for any help and support that you might need.
Have a great half term
The Durrington Research School teamPosted on 20 October 2017
Posted in: Blog, News